- 4 frenched Lamb cutlet racks (3 cutlets in each
- ¼ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp pesto
- roasted vegetables like red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place lamb in a roasting dish. Combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl, mix well. Press the breadcrumb mixture evenly over lamb racks.
2. Roast lamb uncovered for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes (medium rare) or cook until lamb is cooked as desired
3. Remove lamb from oven and rest for 15 minutes before carving. Carefully remove lamb from oven bag, place lamb on a serving plate and pour over any juices.
Serve lamb with roasted vegetables including red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato
Suggested roasting times for Rack of lamb, four rib roast, crown roast: Cook at 200ºC. Rare 20-25 min total regardless of weight, Medium 30-35 min total regardless of weight, Well done 40-45 min total regardless of weight.
Tip: Roasts need to rest for about 10 to 20 minutes before carving.